CAMPUS-OUTAGES Archives

August 2015

CAMPUS-OUTAGES@LISTS.UWRF.EDU

From:
Jason Winget <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Winget <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:19:45 +0000
At 6AM on Saturday 8/29 we will be turning off the UWRF-GUEST network in the residence halls.  This will help to facilitate new students in finding the correct network for their devices.  Otherwise, we find so many student use the UWRF-GUEST and then that becomes an issue for them due to the limitations of that network.

Students should connect to EDUROAM if they can, if not then UWRF-CAMPUS.

Information regarding EDUROAM is available at:

https://technology.uwrf.edu/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=5538

We will enable the UWRF-GUEST network again on Sunday at 6AM. We hope by this time the new students will get a chance to get most of their devices connected to the network in that 24 hour period.

This will not affect spaces not in the residence halls.  This will affect spaces inside and attached to residence halls including the Residence Life central offices, Lydecker Center, CHILD Center, Emogene Nelson, etc.  The UWRF-GUEST will remain available at the academic areas, UC, UC mall area, etc.

Please don't hesitate to contact DoTS if you have questions or concerns regarding this,

-Jason

--
Jason A. Winget
Infrastructure & Security Technologies Manager