PLANNED UPGRADE RELATED OUTAGE

DATE: Saturday, September 20, 2014

TIME:  12PM - 12AM

IMPACT:  Users of the AGS-01 Panasonic system that includes CAFES Dean, Plant & Earth Science, and Animal & Food Science.  There will be no phone service to those users during a substantial windows of time within the larger time-frame.

PURPOSE: To complete an upgrade of the AGS-01 phone system to a new Panasonic phone system

REASON:  The AGS-01 Panasonic phone system that is currently in place has worked well beyond its service life.  Technology Services has decided to finance and conduct an emergency replacement of that phone system to address service related issues.  A number of failed attempts were made in conducting upgrades through the use of "used" and "refurbished" parts from the used market.

OUTCOME:  It is expected that the phone system will function in a very similar way to the way the older systems do now.  However there is not a complete 1 for 1 replacement of the systems.  We have done our best to mimic that same operation.  Faculty and staff will have the same phones on their desk, the lines they have access to and the ringing the expect should remain the same.  Some ancillary devices like cordless phones and answering machines may function differently.  Those devices will be addressed individually on a case by case basis.