CAMPUS-OUTAGES Archives

August 2014

CAMPUS-OUTAGES@LISTS.UWRF.EDU

From:
Jason Winget <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Winget <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:58:49 +0000
Date Scheduled:               August 25, 2014 (Monday)

Time Scheduled:              20 minutes sometime between 4AM and 7AM

Work Scheduled:   We have been notified that our Internet Service Provider will be performing service impacting maintenance on our campus Internet connection sometime between 4AM and 7AM on Monday, August 25, 2014.  This outage is impacting nearly 100 educational and governmental customers during this time and each customer will experience up to 20 minutes of actual downtime during this window.  Given the number of sites involved they cannot give a more specific time to when our particular campus will be impacted.

Impacts:

*         State wide resources including Desire2Learn, WISDM, Shared Financials, Human Resources System, My UW Portal, etc.

*         All internet traffic to the campus including the University's web site and applications hosted on campus

*         Data transfers to and from Madison or other vendors and partners

*         Access to the Office 365 website including email, calendar, etc.  (also the Outlook client)

*         Wireless connectivity on campus will NOT be affected by any resource that relies on the off campus infrastructure will not function, this will impact the residence halls

*         Off campus sites including CBID, KIH, Hudson Center and the University Police Squad Cars are impacted as well by this maintenance

*         University police systems including squad cars, fire to text, parking kiosks, etc.

Locations:

*         Kao International House

*         Center for Innovation and Business Development

*         Hudson Center

*         Mann Valley Farm

*         CHILD Center

*         Hunt/Knowles Complex

*         Campus Lab Farm (services served by campuses only)

*         Mobile and home users (services served by campus only)

*         University Police Squad Laptops

There is no scheduled on-campus originated maintenance during this time. However, the interdependency of resources to and from the campus is very complex.  The above list is a small smattering of the impacts.  Connectivity to the wired and wireless networks is not impacted, so remote services will appear to be non-responsive during our time in the above window.