Falcon Daily Archives

[Prev][Message Index][Next]
Title: UW-River Falls

UW-River Falls

Falcon Daily

Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010

Now you know

Some 189 Falcon student-athletes have been named to the 2009-10 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Scholastic Honor Roll.

During the 2009-10 academic year, nearly 50 percent of the student-athletes competing in the WIAC conference achieved a 3.0 grade point average or better (on a 4.0 scale) and were named to the Scholastic Honor Roll.

For a list of the student-athletes, visit
http://www.uwrfsports.com/news/
2010/8/26/SI_0826101302.aspx

Communications AwardHermes

Submit an item to Falcon Daily

Subscribe to Falcon Daily

Falcon Daily Archives

Feedback on Falcon Daily

Visions and Values website.

Strategic Planning website.

Academic Affairs:
â?¢ Excused class absences
â?¢ Class cancellations
â?¢ Faculty/staff searches
â?¢ Retention, promotion, tenure notices
â?¢ Governance committee meetings
â?¢ Grants information
â?¢ Graduate exams

UWRF home page

UWRF News Source

UWS in the News

"Tobacco-free campus greets UW-Stout students," Leader-Telegram, Aug. 30.

"As pension costs rise, public colleges pay the price," Chronicle of Higher Education, Aug. 29.

"'American universities in a global market'," Inside Higher Ed, Aug. 31.

To see news about the UW System from around the state, visit Systemâ??s clip sheet site to read the stories or to subscribe to the daily briefing.

On Wisconsin

The following is a digest of links to critical news and information sources for UWRF employees:

The Wheeler Report.
This is a daily listing of all news stories, editorials and press releases affecting public issues in Wisconsin.

WisPolitics.Com.
State public policy news with a political interpretation.

WisconsinEye News.
Wisconsinâ??s version of C-Span, with live coverage of the Legislature, with the State Supreme Court and Executive Branch soon to follow.

UW System Board of Regents Audio.
The Regents Web cast their monthly meetings held on the first Thursday and Friday of each month.

UWS/UWRF Budget.
A handy index to the UW System executive and legislative advocacy information on our budget proposals, analyses, and maps, charts and graphs to support our positions.

Wisconsin Legislature.
This site contains legislatorsâ?? profiles, committees, bill digests, hearing schedules and links to Web casts of floor and committee discussions.

"Tell me and I forget; show me and I remember; involve me and I understand.
       -- Anonymous

Academic Day marks official start for new Falcons

Academic Day photo

Academic Day, the first day of the academic year for all new students, began today with a welcome by Chancellor Dean Van Galen at the Wall Amphitheatre before the new Falcons headed out to meet faculty and classmates in their area of study. Students are encouraged to take part in the Involvement Fair at the UC mall until 2 p.m. today as well as other activities into the evening. Fall semester classes begin tomorrow, Sept. 2, at 8 a.m. Photo by Jens Gunelson.

Announcements

Welcome reception set for Education Fellow
For the month of September, UWRF is hosting an American Council on Education Fellow from South Africa. Khaya Magopeni comes to us from the University of the Western Cape and has come to learn about U.S. higher education, university leadership issues, and UWRF.  I would like to invite you to a campus-wide welcome reception for him on Tuesday, Sept. 7, from 4-5 p.m. in the Falls Room, UC. Please join us as we welcome Khaya to our campus.  --Dean Van Galen

Parking permits must be displayed beginning today
The 2010-11 parking permits must be displayed beginning today, Sept. 1. All employee spaces are enforced and a failure to display violation will be issued if your parking permit is not properly displayed. Thank you.

Attention P lot permit holders
P lot permit holders can park in any non-barricaded space in P lot. If no spaces are available, contact the Parking Office at 3333.

Attention A lot permit holders
The new portion of A lot on the north side of North Hall is now open. Permit holders for the A lot may now use these spaces.

Final day of clearance sale at Falcon Shop
Today is the final day of the clearance sale at the Falcon Shop, UC. All clearance items are an additional 15 percent off. The Falcon Shop is open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. today.

Upcoming Events

Thursday, Sept. 2 - Oct. 1, Gallery 101, KFA, Glasswork Exhibit:  James Engebretson, Reflections. Emerti Professor Engebretson presents his glasswork along with work of  former students. An opening reception is set for Friday, Sept. 10, from 4-6:30 p.m. Contact the art department at 3266.

Thursday, Sept. 2, 6-9 p.m., Riverview Ballroom, UC, Salsabrosa. Free. Dance to Afro-Cuban rhythms, vocal harmonies and horn solos. Instructors available to teach Latin style dances including Bolero, Merengue, Salsa, Salsa-Hip Hop and Cha Cha Cha. Contact Student Life at 4444.

Friday, Sept. 3, 7:30 p.m., Karges Center, women's volleyball vs. Millikin University.

Don't Forget

Wednesday, Sept. 1

* 11 a.m.-2 p.m. UC mall, Involvement Fair.

* 3-4 p.m., Fireplace Lounge, UC, Queer Resource Fair. Join Falcon Programs for some light snacks and learn about resources and opportunities for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning, asexual & ally (LGBTIQQAA) community on campus. Contact ashley.e.olson@uwrf.edu.

*  3:30 p.m., 114 North hall, Faculty Senate Executive Committee meeting. For an agenda, visit the Faculty Senate Web site at http://www.uwrf.edu/faculty_senate/committees_exec.html. Contact james.madsen@uwrf.edu or call ext. 3196.

*  4 p.m., Ramer Field, women's soccer vs. St. Mary's University.

University of Wisconsin - River Falls
Office of University Communications, 120 North Hall
410 S. 3rd Street, River Falls, WI 54022-5001 USA
(715) 425-3771

[Prev][Message Index][Next]